Find answers to common questions
- About GoodWallet
- Nonprofits: Getting started
- Nonprofits: Raising funds
- Nonprofits: Need help?
- Shoppers: Getting started
- Shoppers: Raising funds
- Browser extension
GoodWallet is an online platform that turns everyday spending into charitable donations. When you shop with GoodWallet, we donate up to 30% of the purchase amount to your designated charity.
What we do:
- We help nonprofits raise funds while staying connected to their supporters
- We help consumers save money by giving them great deals while supporting their charity
- We help advertisers grow their revenue by driving sales and promoting their brands
It’s very simple.
- A nonprofit signs up with GoodWallet to start fundraising
- The nonprofit shares their fundraising with their supporters
- Their supporters sign up with GoodWallet, then select the nonprofit as beneficiary
- Every time their supporters shop, GoodWallet gives a donation to the nonprofit
We currently have partnerships with Amazon, Ebay, Gap, Hotels.com, JC Penney, Petco, Staples, Walgreens, and hundreds of other top stores – and we continue to add more.
Nothing. It’s free for nonprofits. It’s free for shoppers. There’s no monthly fee, administrative fee or transaction fee.
Yes, it’s safe and secure for nonprofits and shoppers. Our online infrastructure is as secure as it gets. Your information is protected by security protocols at every level.
GoodWallet is free for your nonprofit and it’s free for your supporters. By joining GoodWallet, your nonprofit can raise funds from your entire base of supporters throughout the year. There are no events, solicitations, galas or auctions to plan. All the fundraising conveniently happens online.
You can sign up in 2 ways:
Self service. Simply create an account online and enter your nonprofit’s information. Once your nonprofit status is verified, we activate your fundraising page where your supporters can sign up and support you.
Full service. Just contact us and we’ll be happy to set up your account and fundraising page for you. Less effort on your end.
In all cases, we provide full support to help you announce your fundraising to your supporters. We provide graphic designs, social media banners, email templates, tech support and any other assistance you need to get more people to support your organization.
All nonprofit organizations registered with the IRS as 501(c)3 are eligible to participate. If you’re not registered as 501(c)3 and would like to participate, please contact us.
To get more donations. AmazonSmile covers purchases on Amazon. GoodWallet covers all other purchases – including shopping, travel, entertainment, insurance, and many others. Your organization will raise more donations by participating in both programs.
There’s no limit. The amount depends on the number of supporters and their purchase frequency. The more supporters who sign up, the bigger the total amount of donations to your organization.
Just sign up to start fundraising, then share your fundraising page with your supporters via:
- social media
- website banner
- word of mouth
- or any medium that works best for you
When your supporters sign up and start shopping, you’ll see funds grow in your account.
The more supporters who sign up, the bigger the total amount of donations to your organization. Share your fundraising information as much as you can to get more supporters to sign up.
- Post on your social media pages
- Include in your email or newsletter
- Add to your website’s home page and donation page
- Add to your email signature
- Share with your team, volunteers, donors and family and friends
*If your nonprofit needs help promoting your fundraising, we have a team of social media gurus, graphic designers, and IT specialists ready to assist. We can help create your social media post, send your email newsletter and assist in adding content to your website, among other things. Just let us know.
Donations are sent to nonprofits in the form of check by mail four times a year, after every quarter.
Our team is happy to help every step of the way. From setting up your fundraising to creating online banners to growing your donations, we have a team of social media gurus, graphic designers, and IT specialists ready to assist. Just let us know.
GoodWallet is an easy way for you to support your favorite causes while getting great deals at your favorite stores. Simply by signing up, you can help your selected nonprofit while saving money.
Nothing. It’s free for you. It’s free for your nonprofit. There’s no membership fee, transaction fee or processing fee.
Our partner stores continue to offer the best deals, coupons and discounts on GoodWallet. The amount you save will vary but the discounts and savings can be substantial.
Just create an account and select the nonprofit you’d like to support. For your convenience, get our friendly browser extension to help you find the best deals and raise donations for your nonprofit. Then start shopping and we’ll start donating. It’s as simple as that.
More donations and more savings. AmazonSmile covers purchases on Amazon. GoodWallet covers all other purchases – including shopping, travel, entertainment, insurance, and many others. Your nonprofit will raise more donations when you participate in both programs.
GoodWallet also gives you the latest deals and discounts from top merchants. The amount you save will vary but the discounts and savings can be substantial.
For every purchase, up to 30% of the purchase amount will be donated to your nonprofit (the amount varies per merchant and product category). The more you shop, the bigger the total amount of donations to your organization.
No. The donation comes from GoodWallet. For every purchase you make, we earn a referral fee from merchants (as a form of reward). We share this referral fee with nonprofits, donating 50% to them and retaining 50% to cover our overhead expenses.
Just shop online using GoodWallet, which you can do in 2 ways:
- Use our friendly browser extension. With our browser extension, you will get an automatic reminder every time you visit one of our partner stores. Just click the reminder to credit the donation to your nonprofit when you make a purchase. It’s that simple. (Learn more about our browser extension)
- Visit our website to find the latest deals and discounts at your favorite stores. Click on the best deal (or any deal) and a donation will be credited to your nonprofit when you make a purchase.
When you log in to your account, you will see the status of each of your transactions and the donations going to your nonprofit. GoodWallet sends funds to nonprofits via e-check every quarter.
Your donations will go into a donation pool. At the end of the year, we’ll donate the funds to nonprofits selected based on need and charitable impact.
We’re constantly working to add every nonprofit to GoodWallet. If your nonprofit is not yet listed, you can:
- Contact them and ask them to sign up with GoodWallet
- Let us know and we’ll work with them to sign them up
A browser extension or add-on is a small app that’s added to your browser to expand its functionality. GoodWallet’s browser extension shows you the latest offers from our partner stores so you never miss a good deal. It also gives you an automatic reminder to make sure donations get credited to your nonprofit. Our browser extension is available for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
When you use our browser extension, you can:
- See the latest coupons, offers and discounts from our partner stores so you never miss a good deal
- Get an automatic reminder to activate donation for your nonprofit so you never miss supporting your cause
- Track status of donations you’ve raised
If you use a Chrome browser, you can get the extension from the Chrome Web Store. If you use a Firefox browser, you can get the extension or add-on from the Firefox Add-ons page. Just click the Add button.
Every time you visit one of our partner stores, you will get an automatic reminder to activate donation to your nonprofit. Just click the reminder to get the donation credited to your nonprofit when you make a purchase.
To see the latest deals or track your donations, just open the extension panel by clicking on the GoodWallet icon on the top right of your browser. (If you’re using Chrome, make sure to pin the extension to your browser.)
Learn more about our browser extension.